If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the personnel working at East Lindsey Medical Group,  please let us know.  We operate a complaint procedure as part of an NHS complaints system, which meets national criteria.

How to complain:

We hope that we can sort most problems out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - ideally within a matter of a few days. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If doing that is not possible your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem. You should address your complaint in writing to the Practice Manager (you can use the attached form).  He/she will make sure that we deal with your concerns promptly and in the correct way. You should be as specific and concise as possible.

Complaining on behalf of someone else:

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality (a separate leaflet giving more detail on confidentiality is available on request).  If you are not the patient but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their permission to do so.  An authority signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this. A Third Party Consent Form is provided below.

What we will do:

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 10 working days. You may then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue.  If the matter is likely to take longer than this, we will let you know and keep you informed as the investigation progresses. You will receive a final letter setting out the result of any practice investigations

Complaints Forms:

Here are forms you can click on and download. There is a leaflet explaining how to complain, a complaints form and a Third Party Complaints form if you are complaining on behalf of someone else.

Complaints Form

Third Party Complaints Form


Taking matters further:

other providers that can be contacted for support: 

        NHS England PO 16738
        Redditch B97 9PT      
       NHS Complaints Advocacy
       0300 200 0084


       The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
       Millbank Tower
       SW1P 4QP

       Tel 0345 0154033


POhWER Complaints Advocacy:

POhWER provides a free, independent and confidential advocacy service to support people with their NHS complaint.

Telephone: 0300 200 0084
Click here to access POhWER self-help tools
Sign In